Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Guide dog etiquette

This is a list of things that you should do when you see a guide dog team. Some are from the human, some are from the dog, and others are from both (noted after each). Honestly, this is just me ranting about things I do not like that people do
1)I may be cute but I've got a job, I am NOT here for you. -dog
2)if you want to do something nice, like hold a hold a door open please tell me, I'm not a jerk -human
3) don't pet the dog, just don't even ask, the answer is no, she's working. It's also distracting to the dog -human and dog
4) "over there" and anyother phrases like it don't help, they only frustrate. Play hot and cold with me I don't care-human
5) no, I don't want to hear about your dog (dead or otherwise) -human
6)I may wear glasses, but they don't "fix"my vision -human
7)I don't understand directions, tell my mom -dog
8) just because I'm in your class/ mom "knows" you does not give you petting privilege (see 1) -human and dog
These may seem like petty things to you but I don't speak up often, so I use writing .If you have questions please ask, I don't bite (hard, lol jk). I'd rather answer questions than rant. USE YOUR VOICE, EDUCATE YOURSELF, EDUICATE OTHERS.
☆Katie
♡Ori

No comments:

Post a Comment

International Guide Dog Day

Today, we celebrate the life-changing impact of guide dogs around the world. These incredible canines provide independence, mobility, and co...